Thursday, April 8, 2010

Italian Genealogy

Found a great site if you need a little help with your Italian Genealogy search!  http://www.italiangenealogy.com/ is a forum I stumbled across!  After years of researching the Mauro/Aventino branch of our family tree I finally was ready to admit defeat...no records of parents names on death certificates, obituaries etc here in the US.  To find anything else I would have to research Italian Records (and I do not know how to read or write Italian).  I took a chance, and posted a question about my Mauro ancestor on the blog....believe it or not there was a response from a gentleman in the US who happened to have the microfilm for the birth year and the town of my ancestors birth!  In less than a day he found my ancestor's birth record and emailed me a copy as well as posted a image on the forum...in less than 10 minutes someone else on the forum TRANSLATED the birth record! 

If you are looking for any help at all with Italian translation or record search I highly recommend taking a chance and posting your question on a forum here!  "Migliori Auguri !!"

No comments:

Post a Comment